The TamingOctober 2 through 18
Our 9th season opens with the East-of-the-Rockies professional premiere of Lauren Gunderson's riotously funny The Taming, a laugh-a-minute mashup inspired by Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew that mixes the rough-and-tumble of contemporary partisan politics with the glitz and glam of the Miss America pageant, and adds some sharply observed truths about the nation’s founding fathers and the Constitutional Convention.
Our production stars Colette Divine, Brooke Gronemeyer and Cate Jo. NOTE: Because of adult situations and language, The Taming is not recommended for young children.
The Taming, an official Artober event, is supported by grants from the Metro Nashville Arts Commission and the Tennessee Arts Commission.
• October 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 at 7:30 pm
• October 4, 11, 18 at 2:30 pm
Adults $15, Students & Seniors (60+) $12
All seats $10 on Thursday evenings. October 8 is Pay What You Make an Hour Night – top price $10
"Always count on Tennessee Women’s Theater Project to grace the new theater season with a local premiere." – Nashville Scene
". . . a laugh riot with some timely food for thought."
San Francisco Chronicle
"So many hysterical lines . . . you'd hardly finish laughing at one before the next hit you.
"The most tremendously entertaining civics lesson you're likely to see."
Sam Hurwitt, The Idiolect.... MORE
TWTP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation
- to present theatrical productions of the highest quality to Middle Tennessee audiences
- to produce plays that express the human condition in the female voice
- to provide acting, directing, design and management opportunities for women in professional theater
- to bring live theater to new, underserved audiences